Friday, June 13, 2008

I'm BACK!!! :)

It feels great to be home -- always the best part of any journey.

I have been keeping a travel journal and have done pretty well with keeping up with most of it. I still have to add the last days of Egypt and the Germany parts. Other than that, my adventures in the land of the sun (Egypt), has been well documented with all of our quirkiness and stories.

First things, first though. I must do some serious laundry, make some phone calls, eat up some yummy home cooked food, watch the food network, pick out something decent for convocation tomorrow ...

So updates will probably be up in the next week or so. Unfortunately, my camera was stolen in the markets of Cairo, so I will need to get some of the photos from my travel buddies. So stay tuned!

I thought it would be neat to share a list of the things I missed while traveling.

* My family
* Laundry with a laundry machine instead of by hand-- painful
* Veggies and rice (my family bet on which one I would miss more)
* My music -- no iPod for 5 weeks
* Singing aloud to tunes
* My laptop
* Cooking (can't wait to try out my spices from Egypt!)
* Wearing shorts
* Seeing signs in English
* Timmie's everything bagel with herb'n garlic cream cheese (yummie)
* Fruits
* My bed
* Conditioner (my poor hair has been baked in the desert sun)
* Bubble baths

The above is in no particular order.

Ok, enough time wasted. Must do laundry. Ciao!

4 comments:

Klick Here said...

Welcome back! I'm excited to see pictures and hear tales of your fabulous trip!

Anonymous said...

YAY! I'm glad you're back! Sounds like quite a trip you had! Can't wait to hear about it :)

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Des. Can't wait to hear your stories. Sorry your camera was stolen. Hope it wasn't too expensive, and that your friends can provide you with pictures.

Of all the simple pleasures, I think I'd miss wearing shorts the most. :-)

Des said...

Thanks for checking back, guys. Pictures are taking forever to get a hold of. But updates soon. I promise.

Sara and Dan Klick - Thanks, guys!

Christie - Thanks, sweetie. I need to do some mad catching up on your blog, but I will soon.

Phil - Camera was a gift, so it's not too big of a deal. Wearing shorts again is great. :)