Sunday, April 13, 2008

Cut Fruit Love

There are few things that say, "I love you" like cut fruits. It's in the gesture of a simple action that is so thoughtful, caring and aimed specifically at you.

Being in the midst of writing exams, my parents made a trip up and brought me some food. No, I am not the typically engineering student who has their parents come deliver packed lunches and dinners every week so they would never ever have to cook. However, my parents usually do this at the start of exams, and I always look forward to it. Yes, I am still spoiled, I know.

Usually on these trips, my parents bring a bag full of in season fruits, and I just wash, or peel them whenever I want to eat. After handing me my the care package, my mom says, "Des, I also cut some apples, mangoes and pineapples. Make sure you eat them quickly."

Not only did my mom cut the apples, she peeled them, too! It might not seem like a big deal, but I sure felt warm and fuzzy eating those fruits last night. And the sour mangoes, sure tasted super sweet.

Thanks, mom and dad.

Photo source: PPDigital

No comments: