Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Summer Lovin'

The weather is absolutely gorgeous outside! Went out for a walk in the park after my exam, and all that my friend and I could think about were the cute dresses we wanted to wear. Winter has taken its toll on us. Ask any Canadian.

Anyway, back to cute dresses. So, I absolutely refuse to be an engineer without any sense of style or fashion. And, there are quite a few of those. Been there, done that. Don't want to go there, again.

My job will consist of about 50% on site time and 50% in office time. Old jeans, polo, construction boots and a hard hat for on-site wear. Think engineering nerd. Very sexy.


For the time I spend in the office, I can be creative. Think dresses or cool tops paired with a blazer or cardigan, and a pair of fun sandals.

After perusing Forever21, Costa Blanca, and Naturalizer, I have come up with the beginnings of my summer wish list.

1) Forever21 Janie Cotton Dress


2) Costa Blanca dresses

3) Naturalizer Heels and Sling-back Wedges

4) Hand bags (my first grown bag as a working professional)


Just need that first pay check before I start buying anything. I also must manage my finances, too. I just downloaded a very cool looking spreadsheet with lots of bright colors from Fabulously Broke in the City. Can't wait to try it out after finals.

Enough rambling for today. Dinner time. Then, night run. Sleep by 10:30pm. Be up early to cram for Thursday final. Life is awesome.

Photo source: joggervk007

5 comments:

Nat said...

Ooh, I bought a cotton dress similar to the one you have pictured except black and only cost me $35.00 bargain. I love it. So comfortable and looks great! You would def be cute in the office not nerdy in that.

Essentially Me said...

Love your sense of style!

Des said...

That's a pretty good bargain, Nat. Where did you pick yours up (if you don't mind me asking)? And thanks for the compliment. :)

Thanks, Essentially!

Valley Girl said...

Great picks, sweetie!

Des said...

Thanks, VG! I just checked out Bloomingdales. WOW! $695 dresses!? That will be a post in itself.